There is something special about paddling out and finding yourself afloat in the ocean. SUP is growing to be more popular each year and is available all around Los Cabos. It is a great way to see the marine life, get a work out in, and see another side of Cabo.
At Medano Beach you can rent boards in several locations along the beach. Companies like Cabo SUP and SUP Mexico both offer boards, lessons, and even yoga classes on the water. If in San Jose, check out SUP rentals at the Cabo Surf Hotel.
A FEW TIPS IF YOU ARE JUST STARTING OUT:
- Your feet should be centered between the edges of the board; parallel and about hip width apart
- Keep toes pointed forward, knees bent and your back straight
- Balance with your hips and core. Keep your arms straight and twist from your torso as you paddle. Think of using your torso to paddle instead of your arms. (great core workout!)
- Look level at the horizon – not at your feet
- Keep your head and shoulders steady and upright, and shift your weight by moving your hips.
- If you paddle on the right, your right hand is lower and on the paddle shaft. Your left hand is on the top of the grip.
- Plant the paddle by pushing the blade all the way under the surface, pull it back to your ankle, then out of the water. Paddle about 4-5 strokes on one side, then switch to the other. When you switch sides, you will reverse hand positions.
- Much like bicycling, when your forward momentum increases, your stability increases as well.
- When you fall, fall into the water and not on the board, preventing injury.
Sometimes I am hard to catch. If you try me at the following places, you will have a much better chance of finding me:
Kristen Johnson, Realtor
435.659.8041 US & Canada cell 624 122 05 04 Mexico Cell