As 2014 keeps rolling forward, its great to revisit our family’s guiding principles. We started this a year ago or so with each family member writing down on a large sheet of butcher paper their values. They had freedom to write anything! From that… the list below developed.
A few weeks back, we had the opportunity as a family to sit down and re-visit our principles and then review and rewrite all four of the children’s goals with them.
What is your family’s most deeply held values and beliefs? What are the major philosophical truths that we want our family to live by? How would be define our lifestyle? What is our family’s truest purpose? What are the values that give purpose to our family?These are some of the thought provoking questions you can ask while working to develop your family vision, mission statement(s) and your guiding principles.
This is our working document:
Our Vision: Live Simply in order to Give Generously.
Our mission is to create a nurturing place of faith, order, truth, love, happiness and relaxation.
Family Guiding Principles:
- Build Relationships – Make Friends
- People and Relationships matter; things don’t
- Use your gifts to bless others: Give back. Be generous. Volunteer.
- Hang around people that motivate you.
- Decide to make a difference & success will find you.
- Cheer others on. Pay compliments daily.
- Respect the opinions of others.
- Pray and Meditate Daily – Be Still
- Give thanks to God; Be grateful.
- Be Christ Centered – Love God – Know Jesus
- Trust in God – Allow Him to direct your paths.
- Confess your sins. Apologize quickly. Forgive always. Let go of past…
- Spend time in the Word – Read the Bible
- Believe everything happens for a reason & expect good things to come from challenging times.
- Be Mindful & Present in the Moment.
- Smile and Laugh more.
- Sit up Straight.
- Get good sleep. Eat breakfast like a king.
- Be disciplined in exercise 3-5 times per week
- Be responsible for our own actions and attitudes. No blaming. Fault is irrelevant.
- Speak the truth ALWAYS. Be honest. Keep promises.
- Be compassionate. Love everyone. Be Lovable – Love Yourself.
- Use best manners – say “Please” and “Thank You”
- Work hard … go above and beyond doing it right the first time.
- Let integrity, humanity, and courage lead your life and work.
- Don’t attack, judge, or criticize. No name calling.
- No boasting or bragging. No whining or complaining.
- Do everything readily & cheerfully – no bickering & no second guessing
- Don’t yell – speak in kind tones.
- Listen more. React less.
- Self Control, not Other Control
- Keep a cool head; be slow to anger
- Don’t quit. Don’t give up. Never say “never” or “can’t”
- Live Responsibly – Follow the Rules
- Read more books. Never stop learning.
- Life is a gift…focus on what you GET to do, not what you HAVE to do
- Enjoy Life. Choose Joy.
Sometimes I am hard to catch. If you try me at the following places, you will have a much better chance of finding me:
Kristen Johnson, Realtor
435.659.8041 US & Canada cell 624 122 05 04 Mexico Cell